Did you know?
- Every 13 seconds an older adult is seen in the emergency room for a fall related injury.
- Falls among those 65 years and older are the leading cause of both fatal and nonfatal injuries.
- The average cost of hospitalization for a fall related injury is estimated at $35,000.00.
- The cost of a nursing home is estimated between $85,000 and $100,000 per year.
- It has been reported that Wisconsin ranks #1 in deaths from unintentional falls.
Would you like to be able to live safely in your own home for as long as possible? Safe at Home can help reduce the risk of trips and falls in your home to help you live there longer.
We start by scheduling an in-home visit with a registered nurse who can help you assess your risk of falling. The nurse can also recommend minor home modifications that may help you move around your home safely and more easily. The modifications include things like:
- Grab bars and lift strips
- Raised toilet seats
- Stairway treads
- Hallway railings
- Motion-sensing lights
After the nurse's visit, licensed installation staff will come to your home to make the recommended modifications.
Next, the registered nurse will schedule another in-home visit to help you understand the medications and prescriptions you are taking. Some medications may have side effects that increase the risk of falling. If needed, the nurse can talk to your doctor about how to reduce those risks.
If you or someone you know could benefit from these services, call 715-532-4222 for more information.